West Ham United FC
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
To oversee and manage the staff and players in the phase. This will include both delivery and planning and reviewing as an MDT but also leading the match day for both age groups. Delegate to staff to ensure a collaborative approach is used and demand high standards for both players and staff on and off the pitch
Our VISION is to build on our iconic history and create an environment of excellence & high standards that ensures our worldwide reputation as an outstanding producer of talented players & people from within our diverse community… all developed ‘The West Ham Way’.
• To support & help drive a culture of learning within the academy environment
• To consistently produce work of the highest standards in all areas of the Phase to be self-reflective as a phase
• Oversee for the match-day preparation and performance of each Squad and the subsequent reviewing of individual player performances in line with Academy procedures across the phase
• Responsible for ensuring players have an IDP with the use of mentors to support this across the phase with evidence of what & when support happens
• All training sessions & TMR’s to uploaded to the PMA within 48 hours of the event across the phase
• Attend phase lead meetings monthly to plan & review against the syllabus, playing style & phase specific issues
• Lead the planning, preparation and delivery of the Coaching sessions in line with the Academy Philosophy and a multi-disciplinary approach in own phase
• To ensure Plan, Do, Review process is followed involving all relevant staff
• To develop individuals in relation to IDP utilising contact time effectively.
• To manage and deliver effective training sessions with Phase specific staff.
• To liaise with MDT on a weekly basis to establish direction for player decisions.
• To communicate with parents on Match Day information 48 hours before the event.
8 Week Block Responsibilities:
• To reflect on previous block with MDT, in order to plan for next Block.
• Ensure players formally reflect on their IDP targets, assigning new targets if required.
• Arrange workshops with KC, around Wellbeing, Nutrition and Social Issues.
• To establish development of 6C’s with Lori. Individual or Group meetings once per block.
• Work closely with Education department to develop Day Release best practice.
• To ensure variety is been brought to the players during their training block.
• Players to have understanding of the Academy Principles within 11v11 format.
• Ensure a smooth transition for U14 players into U15 football utilising the MDT and U15 staff.
• Players to develop a midfield skillset. To be adaptable in their roles and responsibilities.
• Players to have an understanding of self, Personality Testing to take place with Lori.
• To hold player and parent meetings twice per year to discuss development of the players.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and client
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: – Essential (E) Desirable (D)
• Advanced Youth Award (D)
• Level 4 (UEFA A) Coaching Certificate (E)
• Emergency Aid Certificate (E)
• Minimum two years previous experience in similar role. (E)
• Member of the FA Coaches Club (D)
• Enhanced DBS (or ability to obtain) (E)
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria