Sheffield United Community Foundation is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and well-qualified Sports Education Tutor to deliver further and higher education sport courses. This vacancy is open to newly qualified as well as experienced teachers.
You will be working in a professional football club charity environment, joining our driven team of passionate employees. You will have the opportunity to teach, mentor and support Sheffield United Community College students who are enrolled across different study programmes and course level (L2 to L6). You are expected to plan and deliver engaging lessons in both classroom and practical settings. In addition, you will be responsible for assessing learner’s work in accordance with processes at set by college leadership and awarding bodies.
As an employed member of staff at Sheffield United Community Foundation, you will be entitled to 25-days holiday plus bank holidays, as well as adopting a flexible working policy. You will be required to teach a maximum of 24 hours, attend regular team / department meetings, engage in ongoing CPD, support the learner’s enrichment / value added programmes as well as manage your own time efficiently to plan, prepare and assess.
Sheffield United Community Foundation:
Sheffield United’s Community Foundation provides a bespoke, high-quality education and training programme specialising in the delivery of accredited sports-based qualifications in further and higher education. Our aim is to prepare students for a successful career in the football and wider sports industries. Our programmes are delivered across three purposely selected sites; Handsworth FC, Leisure United Westfield and Bramall Lane.
As part of the learning environment, we deliver lessons within modern equipped classrooms and provide each learner their own Chromebook and personal virtual classroom platform. Practical sessions are based at local facilities which boast FIFA Quality Pro Certified Football Pitch football pitches, learning hubs as well as well-equipped fitness suites. Our study programmes emphasise value added opportunities for our learners including; work placements, mentoring, positive behaviour awards, trips and visits and guest speakers.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- To deliver outstanding lessons which meet learner needs, use a range of diverse teaching and learning strategies, allow learners to access a comprehensive range of resources and provide comprehensive assessment opportunities.
- To complete and maintain effective learner data including; attendance, individual learner targets, progression, achievement and destination.
- To promote learner retention, achievement and success through the provision of an outstanding educational experience which enables learners to maximise their potential.
- To be responsible for a course (s) of study and set group of learners.
- To facilitate the best learning environment to maximise the learner experience.
|Job Type||Full time|