Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Boundary Park, Oldham
Reports to: Chief Executive
Internal Liaison: All departments
External Liaison: Suppliers. Creditors, debtors
Working hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Annual Leave: 20 Days Holiday.
Salary: Competitive salary
Oldham Athletic Football Club is looking for an experienced, pro-active, and detailorientated Financial Controller. In this role the successful applicant will lead the club finance
function day to day, drive the financial reporting, develop, and implement best-practice
across the club and work with the board in setting, managing, and reviewing seasonal
Main role and responsibilities:
• Management of the club’s finance department.
• Lead the monthly management reporting.
• Provide insightful reporting to ensure sound understanding of results and effective
• Manage the annual budget and reforecasting throughout the year.
• Complete and fully manage the SCMP and academy reporting, ensuing EFL
deadlines are met.
• Manage the monthly payroll processing and RTI submission as well as relevant
• Produce all statutory reporting for the club.
• Maintaining and improving the overall control environment ensuring efficient and
effective day-to-day operational and financial management.
• Assist with managing change to improve control in both existing systems and general
procedures along the finance team.
• Produce regular cashflow forecasts, both short term and long term.
• Supporting on, or leading Ad-hoc projects across the club.
• Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels.
• Ability to complete financial projection report
• knowledge of sales and marketing practices
Innovative, with ideas and seeing opportunities.
Skills & Experience Required
• Qualified Accountant
• Detailed experience in reporting in a multi-revenue-streamed environment
• Focus on control across multiple teams, with different expenditure budgets
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experienced in line-managing a small team
• Experienced in working within a sporting industry is preferred
To ensure compliance with the company’s safeguarding policy a DBS will be a requirement
for this role.
How to apply
To apply please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal
candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to:
Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Monday 20th September 2021.
Due to the role being available for immediate start we may conduct interviews before the
closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria