Everton is a workplace people crave to join, where extraordinary talented people belong, thrive and deliver the remarkable.
Lecturer in Sport (Development and Coaching)
Who are we:
Everton Football College are proud to be part of the Everton Family. We offer post 16 education to students across the region and engage learners through the power of sport. Our bespoke curriculum enables all students to continue their education and combine this with football opportunities. In addition to our links with the club we are also proud of our partnership with Everton in the Community. Its work dovetails perfectly with our own as we strive to provide students with the best possible educational outcomes.
In collaboration with Liverpool John Moores University we also run our own very successful FdSc & BSc(Hons) degree programme. This provides a pathway for our own students to continue their education with us and access the opportunities across the Everton Family.
About the opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Sport (Development and Coaching) to join us at Everton Football College.
Your focus will be to teach and assess our Sport Development and Sport Coaching degrees at L4/5/6.
You will assist in the development of appropriate undergraduate modules, resources, schemes of learning, assessment and teaching strategies in the curriculum and subject area. In essence, the post holder will be expected to work flexibly to contribute to the development of all aspects of the degree.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting learners academically, pastorally and within work related learning
- Course management
- Assisting with our Everton College Football teams and development
- Actively recruit students from the college and wider for the degree programme
- Keeping up to date with current relevant curriculum developments, education policy and new technologies to enhance the quality of teaching and learning and student achievement
- To work such hours as may reasonably be required for the proper fulfilment of duties, including some evenings during open days and whole school event
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students and young people attending or associate with the college
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic individual with relentless energy, resilience and passion in pursuit of the vision, treating challenges as opportunities and committed to raising achievement.
It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of module & programme development including the delivery of theory and practical based learning and assessment.
Other Key Knowledge & Experience will include:
- An ability to deliver and develop an innovative and inspiring educational experience at undergraduate level
- Successful teaching experience FE/HE
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing
- Commitment to raising achievement
- An innovative and positive attitude Ability to work as part of a team
Essential Qualifications will include:
- Graduate in related discipline Evidence of Higher Degree in related discipline (MA/MSc)
- Teaching experience/qualification (PGCE/PGCert TLHE)
- Coaching qualifications
|Job Type||Full time|