To co-ordinate the delivery of the ‘Health and Wellbeing’ theme for the charity.
This will include delivery and evaluation of projects and activities under our ‘Health and Wellbeing’ theme on behalf of Pompey in the Community.
The Health and Wellbeing Coordinator will actively work to deliver shared objectives around increasing physical and well-being levels amongst the most inactive residents of Portsmouth and the surrounding areas, focusing on adults.
Hold relevant professional qualifications in health and physical activity delivery or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Experience
• Thorough understanding of safeguarding
• Experience of engaging with adults in a community setting
• Experience of delivering and coordinating physical activity interventions to engage inactive adults using sport.
• Experience of delivering and coordinating wellbeing interventions to engage adults using sport.
• Experience of engaging underrepresented groups including female, BAME, and disabled participants
• Knowledge of using football / brand of “PitC” as a tool to engage
• Experience of securing and managing external funding
• Coordination experience within a Community setting
• Experience of developing relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners at all levels.
Skills and abilities
• Ability to work on own initiative and lead a team
• Excellent communicator and ability to build relationships with participants and partners quickly.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Committed, self-motivated and driven.
• Strong commitment to high quality delivery and partnership development
• Ability to form strong and appropriate relationships, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
Equality & Diversity
• Must be able to recognise discrimination in its many forms and adhere to the PiTC Equality policies.
• Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote equality & diversity.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria