Roles & Responsibilities
About National Youth Sports Institute
National Youth Sports Institute, an institution set up under Singapore Sports School Limited is a central resource, expertise and management body, placed to understand the needs of high performing student-athletes across sports and to address evolving challenges in the sports ecosystem. NYSI will propagate tested systems, processes and best practices to the wider youth sports excellence ecosystem in Singapore to aid aspiring talented student-athletes in achieving sporting breakthroughs and win glory for Singapore.
About Football Division
Unleash The Roar! is about building the Singapore football ecosystem that will serve to inspire and unite the nation. Co-led by SportSG and the Football Association of Singapore, it is about the journey that will establish football as a sport with high participation, high performance regionally and internationally, and an economically viable professional career.
Through School Football Academies and ActiveSG Football Academies around Singapore, the aim is to produce a cohort of players every year with a holistic development and solid foundation of physical, technical, mental and tactical skills, each of whom is primed to maximize his/her individual potential.
As part of the coaching team, you will be part of a dynamic team of coaches responsible for the delivery of an elite level under the Unleash the Roar!
In this role, you will:
- Lead and mentor a team of coaches within the Unleash The Roar! project
- Deliver an elite level football programme to assigned training centres within the Unleash The Roar! project
- Implement the football program, incorporating the National Football Curriculum and Football Philosophy as well as develop the student-athletes in character and leadership
- Foster a positive high performance environment that allows talented student-athletes to reach their full potential.
- Min Asian Football Confederation (AFC) A Licence or equivalent preferred
- 5 years experience in elite youth coaching preferred
- Worked in a high performance/elite football environment preferred
- Experience in leading a team of more than 3 staff members preferred
- Understands Long-Term Athlete Development principles
- High level of communication skills (written & spoken)
- Good command of English (written & spoken)
- Presentation and computer skills
- Good team player who can work on own initiative
- Valid National Registry of Coaches (NROC) membership preferred
- Keen understanding of the importance of a Daily Training Environment in the development of student-athletes
- Progressive attitude towards the acceptance/inculcation of data analytics in the training programme.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
|Job Type||Full time|