Professional Development Phase Lead Coach
Fulltime – £28,000 per annum
With Stockport County Football Club now promoted to the EFL, we are now looking at expanding our Academy team.
The Professional Development Phase Lead Coach will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the PDP coaching programme. Developing individuals technically, tactically, physically and psycho-socially in the PDP at Stockport County FC. Leading the U19 and U18 teams in the respective Games Programme’s and managing the transition of players into the first team squad.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the club’s footballing and coaching philosophy
- Implement the club’s training programme, and all associated factors (eg equipment, logistics) for PDP players in association with the PDP management and staff
- Plan, deliver and evaluate the pre-season fixture programme for all PDP teams in association with the PDP management and staff
- Assess the performance of PDP players, setting realistic performance targets and developing specific individual development plans
- Construct and deliver detailed six weekly individual player progress reviews with players and any other relevant coaching staff.
- Manage appropriate playing opportunities for all eligible players.
- Contribute to the sign, release and retain decisions of PDP players
- Support the management, coaching, motivation and development of the PDP squad’s – enabling the teams and individuals to achieve maximum potential
- Ensure cohesion, conflict resolution and support management of individual players
- Set, monitor and develop high quality professional standard and team ethic for the players
- Work together with our education provider to make sure all PDP players are meeting set criteria agreed by the club and college
- Communicate and promote the Football and Education culture therefore creating a positive environment for the development of young players and people.
Knowledge & Qualifications Required
- Professional qualification at UEFA A-Licence level or higher.
- Fully licensed FA Coach committed to annual CPD to maintain licence.
- Strong knowledge of football at relevant levels in terms of tactics, fitness, and player development
- An understanding of a range of teaching / learning styles to optimise the development of young players and of learning overtime rather than band aid coaching
- An understanding of the holistic approach to developing well rounded players and young adults.