At Manchester United we aim to be the best on and off the pitch – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets us apart from the competition.
Our people are as committed to the success of the company as the players are to winning trophies. We offer a unique and exciting working environment, excellent training, with recognition and rewards for the part each individual plays. Sounding good so far?
Manchester United Football Club (MUFC) is one of the most successful and popular sports clubs in the world. Manchester United is more than a football club, it’s a global community. And the club’s fan digital products and experiences make up our global home – bringing every goal, every behind-the-scenes exclusive and every fan together.
Manchester United is committed to delivering the world’s best end-to-end experience in sports and entertainment to fans across the globe regardless of location or touchpoint. As Consumer Marketing Campaign Manager, you will have the fan at the heart of everything you do. You will play a pivotal role in driving awareness and consideration of our fan products and experiences, bringing fans closer to the action than ever before. You will have experience in transforming digital through storytelling based on an in-depth understanding of our fans and audiences.
Working closely with the Senior Consumer Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and delivering marketing campaigns and initiatives across our fan products and experiences, including the Manchester United App, MUTV, manutd.com, membership, ticketing and hospitality, ecommerce and much more.
You will lead creative execution, channel planning, delivery and evaluation of our marketing campaigns and activity, working with and influencing other teams including CRM, content, social, editorial and product owners.
Working as part of an internal agency, you will also collaborate with colleagues across the club, building strong relationships with data & analytics, commercial partnerships, ecommerce, product and technology.
Audience development and insights
- Identify and understand key fan insights, advocating an audience first approach and delivering full funnel marketing campaigns and initiatives to deliver our world class products and experiences directly to our fans, globally and locally.
High performance and effective campaign management
- Develop, tailor and execute global and local marketing campaigns to create demand generation and conversation across fan products and experience.
- Design and project manage effective, multi-channel campaigns using the full marketing mix.
- Work closely with product and trading teams to develop always-on marketing communications globally and locally to support seasonal targets.
- Working closely with the Senior Marketing Consumer Manager, creative and content teams (internally or externally), you will create and deliver strong narratives and stories to drive engagement in the club’s consumer products and experiences.
- Lead on messaging across the marketing channel mix, working closely with CRM, content, editorial, social and other teams to deliver consistency across the full consumer journey and funnel.
- Lead on imagery style and capture based on fan positioning and product messaging across all marketing and content assets.
- Day-to-day, lead on content marketing to amplify editorial and social stories driving fan engagement across our owned and operated platforms to drive engagement and growth outcomes.
- Elevate and inspire the output of our internal and external partners (creative agency and production partners) to ensure campaigns meet a high-level of creativity and innovation.
- Manage the development and production of campaign assets including digital, print and in-stadium activations and experiences.
- Work with product and content teams to manage and optimise marketing app and web pages and messages across all owned and operated digital platforms, adhering to best practice and SEO to ensure club products are discoverable.
Measurement and evaluation
- You will ensure that all marketing campaigns and initiatives are insight-led and data driven, taking on findings from previous campaigns to constantly improve and responsible for the research and evaluation.
- Measure and monitor return on investment, creating recommendations for leadership and sharing lessons learnt with other teams and colleagues.
- Lead on real-time campaign reporting and analysis to aid real-time decision making with leadership and senior managers.
- Conduct digital product reviews on a regular basis to look at search terms, traffic sources, seasonality of search trends, page engagement and SEO.
- Strong understanding of marketing and communications principles, coupled with a commercial drive and the ability to create and deliver high-value marketing activities that deliver return on investment.
- Strategic and creative thinking with the ability to use market data and customer insight to develop plans.
- An ability to run multiple campaigns and projects at once and to handle the creative process end to end.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and a consistent track record on collaboration and influence upwards and across a campaign team, showing the ability to delegate, empower and develop.
- An ability to track/monitor metrics across channels to determine effectiveness and make strategic recommendations.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, especially across digital and social.
- Strong presentation skills and able to present to senior management.
- Your own ideas about what makes a great marketing campaign
- Good business sense
- Experience in copywriting for digital and social platforms.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.