We have an amazing opportunity to join our Academy as a Professional Development Phase Lead Coach [PDP] predominately based at Stadium Way Academy Training Ground. Reporting directly to the Academy Manager the successful candidate will develop an elite environment for the progression and development of young professional players, promoting the Academy Philosophy, Vision and Culture at all times.
You will be:
- Possess a clear understanding of the Club Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan.
- Adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure the well-being and holistic development of the Professional Development Phase (PDP) players.
- Organise, prepare and deliver the PDP age group Coaching Programme, including all coaching sessions in relation to the technical syllabus and individual player development plans.
- Organise and manage the PDP age group Games Programme.
- Monitor and report on the achievement of the PDP department through performance targets and highlight the progress of the professional development programme.
- Take responsibility for the measurement of each player in the PDP age group by identifying & implementing long term, medium term and short-term goals.
- Manage the transition of players that play and train between the Youth Development Phase and PDP
- Manage the transition of players that play and train between the Professional Development Phase (PDP) to the first team including the option to loan players to other clubs.
- Conduct performance reviews with all PDP age group players with a multidisciplinary approach, working closely with the medical, sports science, analysis and education departments.
- Liaise with recruitment staff regarding talent identification and the needs analysis for players in the PDP age group.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Academy Recruitment and Head of Coaching to ensure the process is managed effectively.
- Ensure all paperwork, session plans and registers are up to date and the monitoring and review of player attendance and progress is accurate and reported back to the Academy Secretary and Manager as required.
- Ensure all players and parents are informed of details regarding training and/or any other activities planned and appropriate risk assessments and safeguarding provisions are in place.
- Act as a point of contact for players, parents and trialists regarding any queries on the coaching programme and activities.
- Develop an appropriate review and feedback process to the Academy Management Team (AMT) and Technical Board when required.
- Log all sessions on PMA, 6-week reviews, half year and end of season reports and Player ILOs and ILPs ensuring accurate and timely records are kept.
- Input data where required with relation to national benchmarking & effective measurement with the ‘Online PMA’; incurring match reports and grades.
- Deliver individual player reviews in coordination with the Education Officer every 6 weeks.
- Attend coaches meetings as set out by the Academy Manager/Head of Coaching.
You will be:
- UEFA ‘A’ Coaching License
- Modules 1, 2 and 3
- Age Specific FA Youth Award
- CPD License Maintenance, Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Emergency First Aid
- Safeguarding Children
- Possess a clean current driving license
- A proven track record of coaching at a professional level and of coaching U16-21 players in an Academy environment
- Experience with the PMA.
- Have knowledge and understanding of child development and be sensitive to children’s needs
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Knowledge and understanding of working with young players
- High levels of communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to manage and prioritise effectively whilst maintaining quality
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and parents
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills-oral and written
- Excellent IT and presentation skills including excel, word and PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt and take on new initiatives
- Self-motivated with a passion to succeed.
- Willingness to learn and continuously develop.
- Assertive, calm with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible to meet the requirements of the needs of the business
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel between different coaching venues