Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at our National Football Centre, St. George's Park.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
We are looking for a number of Player Insight Talent Reporters to join us on a casual contract that will run until 31st July 2023. We are particularly interested in Reporters based in the following areas:
In role you will:
- Assist with the identification of players for England Women's Teams (16-23's) through a variety of live and video observations
- Enhance our understanding of current England players for England Women's Teams (16-23's) through a variety of live and video observations
- Produce clear and accurate reports on prospective and current England Players, in line with Women's Technical Directorate talent reporting framework
- Attend CPD regional and national meetings where possible
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
Person Specification (Key Skills And Experience Required): Essential
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of talent identification and evaluation of talent
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Women's football and an understanding of the performance benchmarks for an England player
- Experience of scouting from video and live games
- Knowledge of player development milestones and associated challenges on female player's developmental journey.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of your local ‘talent hotspots' for women's football
- FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Clean driving licence
- Commitment to work within the FA National Scouts code of Ethics, Standards and conduct.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Communication skills (formal and informal)
Person Specification (Key Skills And Experience Required): Desirable
- Understanding of the different demands of international football versus club football.
- FA Talent ID Level 2 qualification.
- FA Coaching Qualification
- Experience of coaching in an elite environment
- Playing Experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Attributes required:
- An understanding of Talent Identification, Talent Development and Talent Management.
- Game coverage to include Saturdays, Sundays and midweek as agreed with the Player Inisghts Lead
- Talent Reporters must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst other staff members.
Please note that it is likely you will be required to work on a Wednesday afternoon and/or a weekend fixture twice per calendar month.
Interviews will be held w/c 28th November.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are contractually homebased, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.