Luton Town Football Club
The purpose of the role is to assist in the development and implementation of the Academy’s Sports Science plan in line with the Club’s overall strategy for developing elite players.
Focus will primarily be on the development of the following areas of support;
• Strength and Conditioning – Pitch & Gym Based Work
• Diet and nutrition
• Sports Science, including physiology, biomechanics, physical testing and
• Overall delivery of targets and the running of Luton Town Football Club 2020 Ltd (LTFC), with particular focus on the fitness of LTFC playing staff.
• To commit to the collective decisions of the Board.
• To assist the Academy Lead Sport Scientist to deliver all relevant aspects in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
• To work in tandem with the 1st team Head of Sports Science and all other Sports Science and Medical staff.
• To ensure that the appropriate SS information is added to each player’s Performance Clock.
• To assist the Academy Lead Sports Scientist to deliver a set of SS performance criteria for all Academy recruits and to ensure that all new recruits meet the criteria specified.
• To assist the Academy Lead Sports Scientist to ensure that all players graduating from the Academy whether into the Development/Professional squads, or leaving the Club, do so with a completed SS Player Performance Record as required by the EPPP guidelines.
• To undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
• To assist the Academy Lead Sports Scientist with regards strength and conditioning programmes for all age groups in the Academy, to monitor progress of players, and to ensure that the requirements of the EPPP in relation to National Testing initiatives are met.
• To ensure that appropriate recovery and injury prevention strategies are adopted after games and on recovery days.
• To implement effective testing in the following areas;
• Age appropriate medical and physical screening, anthropometric assessments, physiological/fitness testing, movement and posture/functioning screening, predictive testing of size and shape/maturation measurement.
• To attend Academy Management Team meetings on a regular basis as directed by the Academy Lead Sports Scientist.
Health & Safety:
Casual Worker requirements:
o Maintain up to date knowledge of Health & Safety related guidance and processes within your role and in line with the Club’s Health & Safety Policy.
o Consider the Health & Safety implications of all actions and inaction within your role.
o Support and uphold agreed standards for Health & Safety compliance, including assisting in accident, dangerous occurrence and near miss investigations within your role.
o Follow and adhere to; safe management systems and working practices in line with the Club’s Health & Safety Policy.
o Ensure you have been briefed and are confident in using any equipment prior to use and seek guidance from your line manager as required.
o Regularly review risk assessments, safe working, and management systems associated with your role.
o Liaise regularly with the Club’s appointed Health & Safety representatives to support and maintain compliance
o Maintain records of all Health & Safety issues within your role and area of responsibility.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
– BSc in Sports Science or sub-discipline
– Valid FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
– Hold an enhanced DBS check
– EFAiF 1st Aid Certificate
– MSc in a related discipline
– UEFA Coaching Badges/FA Modules
• Substantial experience in a similar or related role, demonstrating development and continuous improvement
• Excellent IT skills and experience in use of all Microsoft Office products
• Committed and driven by deadlines and results
• Ability to turn ideas into deliverables with minimal supervision
• Must Committed, enthusiastic and passionate about Luton Town Football Club.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as using one’s own initiative.
• Able to communicate effectively with players, parents and fellow staff members at all levels.
• Able to adapt to the demands of the job and needs of the players / coaches.
• Willing to follow and promote the philosophy of the football club.
• Be an ambassador for Luton Town Football Club presenting the club in a positive image at all times.
• This a Casual Worker role
• Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
The Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Club has systems in place to ensure that the welfare of vulnerable groups is dealt with appropriately and sensitively. Everyone working at the Club has a duty of care to safeguard the welfare of children and young people by creating an environment that protects them from harm. Our standards of practice ensure all staff are fully aware and understand their responsibilities under safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance.
The Club ensures that all staff that have a direct responsibility for children, young people or vulnerable adults, have been subject to the most stringent of recruitment practices which include Criminal Record Checks and reference checks. These staff are alert to signs of abuse or maltreatment and will refer concerns to the relevant Designated Safeguarding Officers using the agreed safeguarding procedures.
The individual must at all times, carry out their duties with due regard to the Clubs policies and procedures and in particular the Club’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
The individual must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation, or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders. The individual must contribute to encouraging equality and respecting diversity by embedding such values in the workplace and challenging inappropriate behaviour and processes.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria